Ask your questions here and answer others.
Help each other grow and learn.
1) For the use of embryonic stem cells for research purpose,one have to destruct blastocysts formed from laboratory-fertilized human eggs.Which is costly, demand for expertise also lil risky. Like any other new technology, it is also completely unknown what the long-term effects of such an interference with nature could occurs.
2) Embryonic stem cells therapy may not be the solution for all ailments.
3) According to a new research, stem cell therapy was used on heart disease patients. It was found that it can make their coronary arteries narrower.
4) Most of the adult stem cells are pre-specialized, eg:-blood stem cells make only blood, and brain stem cells make only brain cells.
5) For therapy,stem cells are derived from embryos that are not a patient's own, so our immune system or our body may reject them.
How is biomarkers used in cancer cell therapy?